Yikes! What did I do? I was wrong, and my friends told me so.
They were absolutely right!
Re: Yesterday’s blog piece, “Showdown at the Double Doors”
- I did meet another woman at the double doors of the post office.
- We each opened a door and waited for the other to walk through.
- We eyeballed each other.
- I am seventy-one.
- I wrote… “she was 10 to 20 years older than me.” That would make my readers believe she was eighty-one to ninety! Big mistake, Rosie.
- She was probably about my age.
- I would never, never, never be mean or rude to an eighty-one to ninety- year-old.
- In fairness to me, when my friends chastised me for my elder abuse, they said something like, “Rose, it was so out of character for you to treat an “old” person that way.”
- Sometimes my “creative non-fiction” exaggeration backfires on me. There was another time when I wrote that I received a $75,000 dollar advance on my book, and some of my dearest relatives believed me!
I do apologize.