Please give me six “I” bullet points and then I’ll come back to “You.”
- I finished my book and self-published it in October.
- I was proud beyond belief.
- I did what I thought I couldn’t do.
- I goofed off in November,—wrote nothing—but thought about lots of stuff.
- Now, I’m for my next writing adventure.
- I don’t know what it will be.
Now, back to “You.”
I want to write with much more of an awareness of “you,” my readers. I’m not sure if my new writing will be sad, glad, mad, or bad. (those pesky words are for you, writing teachers) I’m just going to write, and see where it takes me. I hope you return to my blog and find stuff that touches you.
Also, there’s the other thing… the second book???????????????????? Ten mainstream publishers are engaged in a bidding war on it now. I’m waiting to see who gives me the largest advance. My agent is also negotiating for international distribution.
Please do not make the mistake some of my earlier readers (my wonderful cousins) made. I once wrote that someone had bought my short story for $75,000.00—and they believed me!
I love my cousins. See ya soon.